Tuesday 9 May 2017

I love a twofer!

Hello and welcome! Today's blog post is all about stretching your supplies - and your time.  I love a good two for one offer, and I often try to make two cards at once, rather than just one.  It's just as quick to make two cards, and it is often more economical on supplies. Here's an example:


I wanted to use a scalloped yellow border around my focal image to compliment and tie in the yellow of the flowers.  A diecut from the nesting circles framelit collection is the perfect design element to add interest to this clean and simple card.  But instead of diecutting the circle from any old piece of card, why not cut it from a card panel and use the waste to make another card?  And that's a twofer!


The scrap becomes a window to frame our focal point.  The front panel can be popped up on dimensional adhesive to create dimension and interest.


These are the last of my daffodil cards made with the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  I hope you've enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed making them.  All the supplies used can be found in my online shop here

Please do come back tomorrow where I will be sharing a card from my upcoming watercolour class.

Allie x

3 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous Allie. So lovely to see you blogging and sharing your makes. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Allie. A nice twofor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Allie. A nice twofor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments!